Welcome to the Green Lake Road Race
The 37th annual Green Lake Road Race is one of the most popular summer races in the Glacial Lakes Championship Running Series. A big race with a small-town feel, the 12 Mile USATF certified race is the premier event of the annual 4th of July celebration organized by the City of Spicer Commercial Club. Parades, Fireworks, Street Dances, Open Air Markets, together with the race, all combine to make the 4th of July in Spicer an incredible experience for young and old alike.
Runners of all abilities can achieve their goals in Spicer. For elite runners, beginners, and everyone in between, the city has thoughtfully planned a mostly level course with subtle elevation changes throughout. For runnerís wanting to be a part of the Glacial Lakes Championship Running Series, this race must not be missed. The USATF certified 12 mile course is fast, there are small rolling hills, but mostly in the first half of the race, allowing you to save most of your energy for a strong second half finish, so this is an extremely fast qualifying course. This race can help you achieve your Personal Best!
- The 2013 race will be held on Sunday, July 6th at 7 am.
- It begins at Zorbaz Restaurant parking lot.
- Registration and packet pick-up is in the Zorbaz Restaurant parking lot.
- Registration can be completed online until July 4th.
- Race day registration is at 6 am.
- Registered runners and walkers can pick up their packets on Saturday, July 5th from 5-7 pm or from 6-7 am on race day.
- For more information or to register go to Zap Events